Saturday 29 March 2014

Figure Skating and Essays

Hey y'all, it's been a while, eh?

Lots of things have happened since I last posted. For one, the Winter Olympics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to post anything about it this year, due to just work and school getting the way. However, can I just say that Yazuru Hanyu is like the most effortless skater I've seen in a while? AND THAT TESSA AND SCOTT SHOULD'VE GOTTEN GOLD /justsaying. Unlike the US team, Canada had emotions.




So. Perfect. -faints-



What I hope most for Yazuru is to win the World Championship. Patrick isn't there this year to beat him, so hopefully his long program will be kickass tonight.

HE WON ~ Probably the BEST year of his life - Olympic Gold Medalist and now World Champion *A* !

(And he's so cute with his Winnie the Pooh ! -flails-)


-awkward transition-

This term is going really well. I'm on my first work term, and I'm really enjoying it. While I wish the job itself had a little more variance, I can't complain. The tasks have been more steady than some of my co-worker's employment, so I guess it's help me remain sane.

I love the students I work with. Their enthusiasm all around has been great and I enjoy helping them with what they need. I haven't gotten rave reviews all around. I'm not all powerful or all knowing, and I can only teach things a certain way, and that may not be the way people would rather. However, overall I feel like this work term has really taught me a lot about myself and about the working world in general.

This term, I also learned that I really hate dress pants. And winter.

-rolls into another topic-

There are so many things I want to talk about so I'm going to go lightning round on them:

The World's Biggest Book Store is closing down in downtown Toronto. If you have a love for books, check it out before the place closes and is replaced by condos. At the moment, I believe everything's about 50% off, though that was two weeks ago that that discount is subject to change. The closing date is March 30, 2014. That's like TOMORROW, so GO NOW.

An airplane went missing a week or two ago, and still has yet to be found. While I do hope that they find it, and that everyone is safe, it seems like that chance is getting lower and lower. 15 or so countries, a world of technology, and we can't find a PLANE. Like c'mon guys. My sympathy goes out to all the families affected and all those who knew someone on that flight.

LA had an earthquake yesterday, while I don't know the details, I hope everyone's okay out there!

I got contacts, but I'm not loving them. Then again I really don't like the style of glasses frames these days, so I'm trying them out and hoping for the best.

Game of Thrones is coming back in a week. That should be exciting.

I have a work report due on Tuesday, and it is not fun.

Divergent came out, but I heard that it wasn't great, which kind of sucks.

I did hear that Vampire Academy's movie was good. As well as the LEGO movie.

Canada seems to be having an eternal winter. I've learned to hate snow, rain - precipitation in general. I miss the sun.

The YRT/VIVA is expensive. Then again, it's a lot prettier than the TTC.

I really like Super Junior M's new album, SWINGS. If you haven't heard it yet, check it out!

I'm currently reading an ARC of Kelley Armstrong's new book, Sea of Shadows, and I'm really enjoying it.

I will try to post more in the future.

-Alikiya.

No comments:

Post a Comment